Saturday, March 28, 2009

Doubt

Doubt is a must-see film for anyone willing to wrestle with ambiguities. Rather than review the film myself, I will refer you to the Christianity Today, Catholic News Service, and Plugged In reviews.

As my wife and I were leaving the theater last night a woman, unknown to either of us, asked me, "So, do you have any doubts about Father Flynn's guilt or innocence?" I won't tell you my response because it would reveal my perspective on the film; but I will say that that woman's question stoked the discussion my wife and I had all the way home. Her question continued to fuel our conversation as we went to sleep last night and when we woke this morning. I have no doubt that we will continue discussing the film in the future.

I welcome other conversations about the film. If you have seen the film, please let me know of your interest in discussing it. If you haven't, I urge you to do so—then we can dialogue. Here's the link to the theatrical trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment