Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Fall

Last night my wife and I checked out Christianity Today's "The 10 Most Redeeming Films" series and discovered a film that will, no doubt, become one of my favorites. Its title is The Fall. The reason I am fascinated by the film is that, even though some scenes seemed bizarre and pointless, the film's meaning came into focus as the film ended. I'm sure I will watch the film several more times to pick up more nuances, and I will watch the special features (including two narrations) to discover some of the background, but it is enough to say for now that I was enchanted by the film.

Here's one more note. The reason we decided to see the film is that the C.T. reviewer, Brandon Fibbs, was so positive about it. This morning I reread Fibbs's review and realized that there just aren't a lot of film reviews that are as positive as that one. You also may want to check out the review from the Catholic News Service which isn't nearly as positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment